In addition to the private Queen bedroom and full bathroom with a clawfoot soaker tub, the modern open concept living area consists of a full kitchen, dining area, living with with TV. The Cottage also comes equipped with an outdoor BBQ grill and a wood burning stove.
The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking utensils and cutlery. We provide organic coffee beans, a tea selection, sugar, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper for your convenience. In the evenings, curl up on the sofa and pop in a DVD from our collection or tune into Netflix. Wifi is available throughout the property. Toiletries and linens including luxurious robes, hand knit slippers (for the cold season) and towels are provided for all guests.
- With all credit card and PayPal payments there is an additional 4% processing fee.
- With all reservations 50% deposit of total booking is required to confirm and book dates; 50% balance owing is due 30 days prior to your arrival date.
- Cancellation policy: Prior to 30 days of arrival date, deposit refunded minus 8% processing and admin fee; within 30 days of arrival date full deposit is non-refundable.
Check in after 3pm. Check out by 11am.
- No pets or young children (teenagers and up okay)
- Maximum occupancy 2 adults
- Bathroom-only indoor clawfoot tub as well an outdoor shower NOTE: closed when there are freezing temperatures or close to freezing (fun for the adventurist!)
- Canoes are stored away due to hypothermic water conditions from Oct 1st- May 15th (no exceptions)
- Private hot tub building is shared between suite and cottage guests
- Must speak to us first in regards to drone videos taken on property
- Please review our house rules section and our FAQ section
- Free parking (marked spots and street parking)
- Free wifi and TV; laptop-friendly workspace
- Private toilet, sink and bath (med sized clawfoot tub (handheld shower hose attached to tub in winter months when outdoor shower is closed)
- Outdoor shower (weather dependent, generally in operation March 15th through to Dec 1st)
- Amazing waterfront views (surrounded by West Coast rainforest, views down to ocean fjord from bluff/cliff top private property)
- West coast natural landscaped garden
- Big patio with outdoor shower and gazebo
- Wood stove
- Firewood (one complimentary bucket per stay) ($10 for each additional bucket of wood, NOTE: unique small stove does not fit gas station type wood in stove)
- Private entrance
- Hot tub (detached private building; can be used by guests in either the treehouse suite or the cottage; hosts Stephen and Ivan do not use the hot tub so guests have this luxury for their enjoyment)
- Heating and hot water
- Kitchen essentials: oven, stove, refrigerator, microwave (cottage only), coffeemaker, French press, pots pans, dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, glassware and cups
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens, extra pillows & blankets
- Bath essentials: linens, robes, bathmats, liquid soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hair dryer
- Smoke detector, fire extinguisher and first aid kit
- Iron, iron board & hangers
- Laundry services for a fee
Stephen or our caretaker will meet and greet every guests on our property. We are ambassadors of the Sunshine Coast, and happy to share with our guests our years of living on the Sunshine Coast.
Guests can use the hot tub and canoes at any time (canoe stored away due to hypothermic water conditions from Oct 1st- May 15th).
The private walled and separate building hot tub is share between cottage and suite, ensure everyone enjoys the experience.
Note as a host, this is our home and we have our private hot tub aside just for our guests to use and never ourselves. Please enjoy!
- Thanksgiving Day Weekend Canada (Oct 11-14, 2019)
- Remembrance Day Weekend (Nov 8-11, 2019)
- Thanksgiving Day Weekend USA (Nov 28 – Dec 1, 2019)
- Christmas and New Year’s (Dec 20, 2019 – Jan 2, 2020)
- Family Day Weekend (Feb 14-17, 2020)
- Valentine’s Day Week (Feb 10-14, 2020)
- Easter Weekend (Apr 10-13, 2020)
- Victoria Day Weekend (May 15-18, 2020)
- Canada Day Weekend (July 1 – July 5, 2020)
- Independence Day (July 3-6, 2020)
- BC Day Weekend (July 31 – August 3, 2020)
- Labour Day Weekend (Sept 4 – Sept 7, 2020)
- Thanksgiving Day Weekend Canada (Oct 9-12, 2020)
- Remembrance Day Weekend (Nov 11-15, 2020)
- Thanksgiving Day Weekend USA (Nov 26 – 29, 2020)
- Christmas and New Year’s (Dec 24, 2019 – Jan 3, 2021)
Please also check out our other accommodation option: Treehouse Suite.
Important notes: 2 night minimum. Adults only on property. No pets. Must provide phone number.
“Partially booked” days are available for booking. If a date is “grey” on the right side, a guest is departing on that day and the property is available after 3pm. If the date is “grey” on the left side is arriving on that day and the property is only available to book on the night before.